Maximum R&B: the Blues influence on the Brit Invasion of the US

Calling all WHO-heads! I need your help. I'm writing a paper for my music
class on Blues music's influence on the bands of the "British Invasion" of
America in the early 1960's. I guess what I'm looking for are the
specifics (in relation to the Who, or any of the other bands you may be
familiar with i.e, the Rolling Stones, the Yardbirds, the Kinks, etc.) So,
if any of you have anything to contribute, I would greatly appreciate it.
Possible info:
 -Quotes or comments on the subject from either the Who or the artists
  they've covered

 -A list of Blues/R&B songs (and artists) they've covered over the years,
  particularly in the early Who days of the Detours and the High Numbers

 -Any particularly good references on the subject that you can recommend

 -Some little known facts or stories that any of you have picked up along
  the way,(i.e. stories about them actually meeting the artists they've
  covered and their reactions)...you know, something to spice up the paper
  a little

Well, I guess that's it. If any of you can think of other things that I
should add to the paper, let me know. I'm really just writing this paper
because I thought it would be a cool way to incoporate the Who into my
schoolwork, thereby keeping me interested. Thank you to anyone WHO
contributes!

    Be gentle, this is my first contribution to this infernal list,
                Celine at the University of Washington
                         Seattle, WA  U.S.A

       "I'm like an opening band for the sun..."  -eddie vedder
         "Be sincere, or get the f#!* out of my face."  -p.t.

p.s.
 What is this Who Con that you speak of? I am severly out of the loop.
Somebody please, gimme the details!!!