Re: Lost Tracks & Who's The Drummer

> I'd be lying if I said that I thought mine might sound better.

Buck:

I listened to the tape again yesterday, to determine if any of it was
worth copying to a CD. The first section is listed as Saturday Club
(although I've never seen it on any BBC collection) and is not worth
bothering with. Unfortunately, it has a song called Please Don't Touch
which I've seen nowhere else, and Runaround Sue as well. But it's all
dull, ponderous, and hardly worth listening to.
The instrumental You Rang and Jingle Bells, both listed as Top Gear, are
better. Not great, but no worse than the Marquee Club show.

> I've heard it rumored The Who recorded an unreleased version of She's A
> Sensation in '68, pre-Tommy.

I've never seen it by the band, but do have the demo. It starts with a
fadeup of "She overwhelms/She overwhelms/She overwhelms..." which I like
better than the released opening.

> If you mean Joker James, then yeah, it's definitely Jones.  As for Four
> Faces, I'll conceed that you're starting  to make me doubt my own ears.

Here's something to feed that doubt: it sounds to me like all three
songs were recorded at the same session.

> Next:  Analyzing the lyrics to Keith Moon's BEST song, "Wasp Man"

Rich:

It's obviously a deep psychological profile of the Police...or at least
Sting.

> I know that The Who have played the following tracks:

Dag:

Don't forget Please Don't Touch, 1965.

> THE WHO IN MARCH

Brian:

Just wanted to say it's always a pleasure to read these, thanks.

--

            Cheers                ML

                                   Meher Baba