DECIBELs.Extra!

Hello again,Almost forgot to mention that my note was in response to Jim
Blair's enquiry about the said subject. Hope this helped in some way. As
you may be aware,That paticular gig led to some bad feuding between pete
and Roger, mostly in the pages of the British music press,The NME and the
Melody Maker. Pete was quoted as saying that "the Who" were bad or played
bad  that night(Charlton). Roger angrily retorted "Don't say that The Who
were bad, Say Townshend was bad,but don't say the Who collectively.
Apparently Pete thought that the gig was not paticularly good. However I
must point out that even on their worst possible performance,The Who at
the time blew everyone else away. No contest.So the loudest gig in the
world at the time also became perhaps one of the more controversial
periods of The Who's history with Daltrey and Townshend feuding,The 10th
Anniversary of the band was at hand, Odds and Sods was released and it
had many fans wondering if this was going to be the end of The Oo'. Of
course they did not split up but there were some tense moments there. At
the end of the gig(charlton) The Who did not play an encore to the
massive crowd, Which Pete had referred to as "the biggest audience we've
played to since Woodstock!" (I'll never forget that!)  and the stage was
pelted with bottles,cans and just about anything. Rumours after the
concert had already started to circulate about a break up and what took
place in the dressing room after the show. However in my humble
opinion,it was great. Hope I did'nt bore you all . Regards, Derick

Derick Bhupsingh
d056071c@dc.seflin.org