Pete's Guitars

This is an open letter to Pete Townshend:

	Dear Pete:

	There are rumors that the Who will "do something" in 1999.
Should that come to fruishion, please allow me to beg of you to
undertake one slight, yet significant, surgical modification of the ax
you now play -- that terrible Fender Stratocaster. My strat was recently
equipped with a Gibson 498T humbucker pickup in the tail position.
Instead of having a thin sound with little sustain, the guitar now
rocks. The 498T is marketed as a "brighter sounding" pickup than those
ordinarily found in Les Pauls. It is by far the meanest-sounding thang
that I have ever heard coming from my strat.

	Please Pete, fix the old ax with bright humbucker the next time
around. It's like giving an old man a penile implant -- it puts the
spice back in life.

Yours truly

a real whofan