P.T.'s Writing

In a message dated 6/5/98 10:52:14 AM,Mark Leaman wrote:
>Laurie:
No e.... Marke ;)
>I still think it could have been intentional. If he recieved any formal
>writing education, it would be. And he DID go to Art School...
I think we're debating something we both agree on!  I think it's intentional
too, just not a must.
>> Sounds like indecisiveness to me
>I'd be the last person to say he's not indecisive.
Again, we're in agreement.
>> Ok... but Pete saw fit to incorporate it into a song that is meaningful to
me
>> and an example of his use of contradiction.
>He writes about the use of this line somewhere...in an interview,
>perhaps Rolling Stone. You might want to look for it.
I will...great articles on D13's page...any idea which year?
>> Many people(and I won't be sexist and say men but ...) put on a facade of
>> strength when in fact they are the most insecure and weak.
>We have to or we'll get the s**t beaten out of us.
LOL!!!!
>No, seriously...the `70's changed that for most, and Pete didn't really
>come out with it openly until then either. Just a few clues in songs
>which were never circulated, like Things Have Changed (one of my
>favorites).
>A great example of his admitting weakness is on another of my favorites,
>Never Ask Me.
Two GREAT songs!! How's about... I Don't Even Know Myself(one of my Favs), How
Many Friends, Is It In My Head,...and most of Who By Numbers :)
>> LOL.... we definately don't like it nice and neat!!  We like it how?....
>> Obscure and Oblique.....  meaningful and LOUD!.....
>Power is definitely an element we (Who fans) desire, since it's the
>softer stuff most of us don't like (FACE DANCES, for instance).
No debate, another correction....like the least ;) not don't like.
>> Absolutely true! Pete wants no responsibility, it seems.  But on the other
>> hand recognizes how very influential he can be.
>Hey, ANYONE can be influential these days! All they need is a public
>forum, and someone will make a Web page about them.
LOL
>> Pete is a Coolwalkingsmoothtalkingstraightsmokingfirestoking kind of man!!
>Another fine example of Pete "coming clean."
Yes...and I couldn't delete it... it looks SO cool!!

>Yeah, but "Come on all of you big boys, come on all of you ELVES?"
>"ELVES?"
Well, Brian took care of this right?  It's amazing that we can talk about
almost anything eh? and don't read this wrong....very interesting details!!!
How's about Amourese? did Pete write that?
Lauri