The John Entwistle Band In San Francisco

Just had to let all of you good folks know that a great time was
had last night over at Slim's in the city with John and his crew.

There was a very nice gathering of listers, mainly from the other
list who met before the show across the street at a very
recommendable brew pub, Twenty Tanks.  Good eats and great brew.
It was simply a real treat to be in the company of true Who
fans swapping stories and getting the latest and greatest info on
our guys.  I won't try and mention by name all who were there in
fear I would miss a few.

We did skip the opening act but did make it in time to get very
excellent positions in front of the stage, I being third from the
stage in front of John.  Slim's is set up to
where, beside the bar along one wall, is one large open floor with
some tables and chairs available for dining purposes in a small
loft in the back.

If you do take one of the few opportunities left this summer to
catch the show this part is essential: Bring earplugs!  My hard
of hearing mother in Oakland said it was a real toe tapper:)  The
set list as I recall and not in order was the Van-Pires theme opening
and closing the show with greats such as My Size, Heaven And Hell,
Young Man Blues, Under A Raging Moon where Steve showcases his drumming
prowess, The Real Me, Success Story, 905 and others that I can not
mention now since the '60's were rather good for me:)  (I know if I
can say Alzheimer's everyday I don't have that!)

Now for me this was the real coup:

After the show there were several of us that hung around, hoping to
get a glimpse of the boys and sho 'nuff, they'd be there!  However
fortunate the band and fans where separated by a closed cyclone fence.
It did make me think that perhaps we were lucky to have protection from
band members who might try bitting fingers if fed but I was proved wrong
when some brave soul actually handed Steve some chicken thingy and was
consumed by both he and his dog:)
Both fans and band where all very friendly and enthusiastic to chat
with one another.  I was able to get John, Steve Luongo (drums) and
Godfrey Townsend (guitar, no h and no relation) to sign a tee shirt that I
had bought.  The new keyboardest
Gordon Cotten was nowhere to be seen.  And it should be mentioned that Steve's
dog (didn't get the name) even though there did not sign anything!  They did
allow a few through the gate in the fence for picture taking of which I
am so happy and proud to say was one of them, getting a picture of myself
standing along side of John.  Boy what a thrill!  Now the Quad
shows and meeting Simon and Ben late last year for me are right up there
but last night for me was quite exceptional getting auto and photo graphs!

Of course there are much better Who stories that many of you can share but
this one I got to have and am happy for it:)

If you can see the show of course it comes with my recommendation.  I couldn't
help but think how reminiscent the show was to what I understand to be early
Who days with raucous bass, drums and VOLUME!  Check
out John's web page for the dates AND GET OUT THERE AND HAVE A GOOD TIME!

Beau (Hmmm...what was that?) McCrury