sexism in quad, etc.

Hey all~

Perhaps we are taking the line 'who is she/i'll rape it'  line too
seriously.  I don't see what the big deal is about the line 'getting high,
can't beat it' is either.  There are many factors to consider- Jimmy
doesn't represent the feelings of Pete.  Another point is that  Jimmy has
been thrown out of his house, been dumped by some slut (IMO, if she would
sleep with her boyfriend's best friend), and he's had to deal with a crappy
job, not to mention the fact that he's schizophrenic- possibly the reason
why he would utter such stupid lines is because of his abuse of pills and
alchol.  Besides, the song does not glorify rape in any way.  Who would be
stupid enough to follow the words of some fictional character who has a
pretty crappy life.   Just like it's wrong for people to take the song,
'suicide solution' by Ozzy Osbourne out of context ("sucide is slow with
liquor")  and use it as an excuse to commit suicide. If Jimmy was the
character in a book, these lines wouldn't be nearly as offensive to so many
people as it is in a rock song.  There can be movies, pantings, and books
that can depict a woman being raped, and it's praised as brillant art,  but
the second a rock star insinuates such an event, they are crucified.
Besides, Jimmy doesn't actually do the deed.  If anyone would want to
follow in the footsteps of Jimmy, I'd pity them.  Sorry to ramble.

~Samantha