Sexism,Rock,Moon,Etc..

   Hello All,Nice Going,In a catalog of how many albums the critics find a
verse or two to complain or debate about! There probably was not a Male
oriented band that did'nt have a line or a song or two which could have
probably been described as "sexist" or possibly offensive to women. Be it
Jagger,Townshend or anyone else,20 or 25 years ago there was quite a lot
of Machoism around not just in music,but in many other aspects of life
including the arts and even politics! Even today just look at the scandal
in the white house.  Many of these things led to a much stonger women's
movement over the years and one remembers through the haze of it all
shouts of "Male Chauvinist Pig" and the like as the women's movement grew
and grew.Only recently it was pointed out that women are still behind
when it came to salaries,promotions etc.. Now as for that quote about
early British (60's ?) music being wimpy, all I have to say is that many
of you went out and bought it and helped to put it where it is. Was it
not the Great Bob Dylan who sang "The times they are a changin"? Well
they do and Rock musicians shoul not be singled out as sinners because of
a line or two, however if you insist on doing so then why not take on
some of the RAP and Gangster Rap artists who may be  or are even more
sexually explicit when it come to writing about women. As for Moonie,I
remember a story I read in the NME years ago when He was quoted as being
the only person who could  say "come on up to my room " in over 30
different languages! God bless Him.! So give em' a break ! Regards, Derick.

Derick Bhupsingh
d056071c@dc.seflin.org