Remaining Who catalog

Someone asked (a few days back) about the non-reissuance of "... sings my generation".  As far as I understand there's a longstanding contract disagreement between Shel Talmy, who physically and legally owns the tapes, and MCA.  I'm hazy on the details
but the last I read Talmy was willing to have the tapes remastered and issued but wanted to get what he feels is his due, and probably wants his hands in the studio as well.  I agree, though, I'd love to see the album remixed.  I've never bought a copy
on CD (in the hope that a better recording would be available soon), but my patience wears thin...

On another note, I just picked up the new Odds & Sods (having recently rejoined the list, I'm sure you've probably been over all the details already).  Have to say I dig the acetate lifts of "Baby Don't You Do It" and "Leavin' Here" -- always a
frustration when you read about some recordings in a book (Marsh, Before I Get Old) and they seem to have dropped off the face of the planet.  I actually prefer the "Leavin' Here" on the 30 Years box set, but as the Who have always been "alternate
version" heavy -- listening to the bonus tracks on WAY is a little bit of a deja vu feeling -- I guess it makes sense that O&S would pick some new renditions.

Anyone know what's to become of the remaining "Rarities Vol. II" and "(Tw|Wh)o's Missing" tracks?  Perhaps a "best of the Who, live" 74-min. disc?  That "Bargain" live is a screamer.

Wes

P.S. Thanks for the signup tips, Paul!  I haven't been on this list since 1995 ("I remember throwing punches around, and preaching from my chair, so who are you...")