Re: Keith Moon, the actor?

At 12:53 -0700 7/10/98, The Who Mailing List Digest wrote:

>Date: Thu, 09 Jul 1998 12:27:40 -0800
>From: bettysdad@delphi.com (Michael Davidson)
>
>I was recently looking something up in Leonard Maltin's Video and Tape
>guide when I came across the listing for Frank Zappa's 1971 movie "200
>Motels". Right there in the list of actors is Keith Moon. I've necer seen
>the movie, and wonder if anyone else has, and if so what does Keith do in
>the film?

I saw (rented) it for the first time a year or two ago. It's just about a
complete waste of celluloid. It was created by, approximately, Zappa
putting a videocamera in the hands of a roadie and telling him to record
whatever he wanted during a tour. The result is exactly as self-indulgent
and, years later, boring a result as you'd expect from placing a videocam
among road-strung-out rockers, roadies, and hangers-on, with generous
portions of pot tossed in for good measure. I had to force myself to stay
awake and watch the thing through to its conclusion just to be sure I gave
it every chance.

If you don't blink you'll see Keith dressed up as a nun, for about 18
seconds.  Every Who fan, I suppose, should see it so s/he can say yes,
they've seen Keith as a nun in 200 Motels.  But I can't tell you to look
forward to the experience.

Alan
Be sure to read _McKendree: A Burning Novel of Murder and Revenge_
by Douglas Hirt, ISBN 0-8439-4184-7  (available at www.amazon.com)