Re: more cheapshots at Page

Ryan Moore wrote:

> Do you SERIOUSLY think Page would split the profit 3 ways when he only
> has to
> split it Two ways ?
>
> Yes, he is nicknamed "Led Wallet." But seriously, the reason JPJones
> wasn't asked is "THIS IS NOT A LED ZEPPELIN REUNION!!!!"
> The reason is integrity pure and simple. Without John Bonham there can
> never be a Led Zep. As much as I love The Who, they are guilty of
> capitalizing on the ghost of a name. I enjoyed this past tour, but it
> should have been billed as "Quadrophenia, featuring Townshend and
> friends" or something. Names are not really important, it's the music,
> but I have great respect for Jimmy Page as a musician and person and he
> takes a lot of cheap shots from people who took "Hammer of the Gods"
> seriously. Page and Plant have a new album of NEW material out in April,
> I suggest everyone check it out with an open mind, and then go see the
> tour. If you think it will be some old guys playing "Stairway" you are
> in for a suprise! I don't think musicians personal lives are really
> important anyway- as Page once said about Keith Richards "you only have
> to listen to him play and you acn forgive the guy anything."

	I agree with everything that you've said, except for the fact that The
Who were capitalizing on the ghost of their name!  They ALMOST did
break-up right after Keith dying, but they decided that they still had
more to offer musically under their current line-up as The Who, and I
for one think that it would have been STUPID for them to change their
name before carrying on!
	Of course their have been bands that have broken up after a KEY member
passed on, but sometimes it's the right thing to do, and sometimes it
is'nt, it just depends on the circumstances.  Hell, the Stones would
have been fools to change their name just because they went through some
personal line-up changes.
	In the case of Led Zeppelin........I think that they did the right
thing in breaking up after John Bonham's death, thus leaving the
surviving members to flourish in solo careers, and then eventually
making the occasional reunion appearances.
	In the case of The Who, I'm glad that they continued on together for a
few more years as The Who before breaking up after their '82 farewell
tour.

							Joseph Manfredi