Who at BBC. Received wisdom all wrong.

About those BBC sessions with the Who,

This BBC/Who thing's been going on forever. (It's the stuff booted as Max BBC,
yeh ?)

6th November last  year - after hearing how much  "The Who wanted the stuff
out but BBC intransigevce prevented etc." - I contacted Sue Armstrong at
Strange Fruit/Windsong  (who I know as I have music issued by them) & told her
the yarn, as per The Who side.

The Led Zep BBC stuff had f. recently come to my attention, and I thought The
Who ws great & ought to be in the public domian.

"We've been trying to interest Trinifold every year for ages" says she " but
it's time - I'll ring again tomorrow"

I forget who it was at Trinfold she spoke to (Chris Charlesworth said it was
someone with sufficient clout to sanction) ; next day I spoke to Sue and sure
enough, she couldn't get the slightest interest out of the Who camp. They
didn't want to know....
same story as every year - Yesnomaybenotjustnow.....

There it is.

jp