Current music

Andrew,  I just want to let you know I agree completely with you opinions.
Not only does grunge and punk and industrial sound horrible, it is very
musically simplistic.  I have been playing guitar for three years, and am
in a rock band that is very influenced by the who.  But anyway, it takes
virtually no ablility to play that kind of music.  That is why I enjoy
classic rock so much.  It is a challenge to learn to play.  And all of the
parts usually share the same complexity.   What I have always liked about
Pete was that he played things on the guitar that were difficult and
musically interesting, without sounding flashy.

And about who songs that appeal to younger people, my band covers Heaven
and Hell and people always love it.  (We open with it, of course.)
Another live favorite that we do and people particularly enjoy is Behind
Blue Eyes.  Oh, and The Real Me.

"Goodbye all you punks stay young and stay high.  Hand me my checkbook and
I'll crawl off to die."

Nick