Listening to you, I get the music

Kevin,

> What songs do we think most young listeners today (because, let's face
>
> it, that's who we're talking about selling to) would like?  I mean, a
> song like 'I've Known No War' may not be as meaningful now.  As a
> younger fan (21) myself, I know that the majority of listeners today
> don't really listen to the lyrics, which is a severe drawback.

It's often seemed to me that Who fans fall into one of two camps:  the
rowdies, who like singing along with the chorus and enjoy the noise and
abandon of a Who concert without really listening to the lyrics, and the
intellectuals (for lack of a better word) who appreciate the music, the
passion, and the often-multiple meanings of Who material.  From the
postings I've seen on this and the other list from fans under the age of
21, it seems that people are still listening to the words.  As for
whether or not the songs are meaningful, that's something that each of
us defines for her- or himself.

--Cheryl