Dreaming...of a new album

Ah yes, to see the Who get together and create - give birth as it was,... yes a dream. I feel that Pete certainly has the energy within him to write the material (and John too). To me, proof of this rests with Psycoderilict (sp?), which I completely enjoy - a personal favourite of mine.

The idea here is to realize that a new Who album would truly be new - not a 'continuation' of their previous body of work. A new album would (should) reflect the added age of the band, and the individuals - after all, life is a great teacher. The possibility for reflection, comparison, and political commentary on society open to Pete and his pen (guitar and pen I guess). And further, what time line wold there be to produce it? the time to create 40 minutes or more of masterful work is there, and there is probably a fairly large collection of material in existence from projects not completed, and songs not included in solo efforts that would work well for The Who.

Roger's voice - easy - don't try to recreate those WGFA yells - work with the quality that age has given it - He sounded superb in the Quad show I saw.

Yes, I am greedy, I've lived most of my life with The Who. their end still signals the closure of a fantastic portion of my life. As long as I can hope to see them in concert, I can hope to stay 'young' at heart anyway. There is still hope for my youthful ideals and dreams.

Peace and Love,
Steve in Elkford (and where the H - E - double hockey sticks is Elkford?, and who cares?)