Re: Young'uns

In a message dated 98-01-06 14:36:19 EST, Vigilnte20@AOL.COM writes:

<< and to put it  quite frankly-todays music just makes me feel worse in stead
of better like the who do >>

I see what you're saying, but I think that is totally wrong.  The thing about
the Who, and the Beatles, is that they had Townshend and Lennon going through
all emotions, and writing about each one of them in song.  So when you want to
feel happy, like you say, the music helps the listener happier.  BUT sometimes
people want to feel sad, angry, emotional, confused, high, low, in love, out
of love, hate....anything.  And with the Who you can listen to a song and get
a different emotion out of it.  Townshend always said that he was just like
his audience is, or vice versa, and it's evident in that.  That's just how I
feel.