No Subject

You just don't get it, do you?  This isn't 1971.  That was 27 years ago,
for gosh sakes!  The last time I heard Roger do that scream (1994), it sent
chills down my spine -- it was dead on.  I don't doubt he can do it again
and again, but that's not the point.  There'll never be another singer like
Roger Daltrey; there'll never be another band like The Who.  They've all
earned the right to wax nostalgic, blaze new territory, or just sit on
their laurels.

It calls to mind a verse from "The Punk Meets the Godfather", possibly the
most poignant lines Pete ever penned:

I have to be careful not to preach
I can't pretend that I can teach,
And yet I've lived your future out