new poll!!!!! (specifically, Roger's voice)

Nick Boyer wrote:

>Personally the mere idea of a new who album gets me excited.  I like
>every album they have put out yet, and every Pete solo album.  So as
>far as I am concerned, they can do no wrong.  One thing though.  I
>wonder how much Roger's singing has been effected by his age....I
>wonder how capable he is with his WGFA screams now....

Several years ago--sometime between the 1989 tour and Roger's "Daltrey Sings
Townshend" tour--I started to worry that Roger's voice was on the decline.
I began to listen very carefully to his singing, both live and on studio
albums, and since 1994 I've decided that he still has it, even live, as long
as he doesn't sing for too long.  His voice sounded just fine on his last
studio album, the very enjoyable Rocks In The Head.  In addition, I was
fortunate enough to see him in person at Carnegie Hall around the time of
his 50th birthday, and his voice (as well as showmanship) astounded me.
Just listen to his last note on "If I Only Had A Heart" and I think you can
believe that the WGFA screams are still in there somewhere...

--Rich Bogovich, President of the Roger Daltrey Fan Club (okay, so I'm biased.)