Fwd: new poll!!!!!

In a message dated 98-01-04 19:19:00 EST, fgh@winternet.com writes:

<< Pete Townshend and The Who have shared with me (and us) the *privilege* of
 listening to their music.  They owe us, the fans, nothing.  The musical
choices are
 theirs to make, not ours, and any pressure that we put upon them to record is
 unnecessary, unfair and undesirable.

The only time the Who have shared anything with me is after I've paid for it.
I know that artists will not easily admit the profit motive, but the money
from hit records ain't bad if you can get it.  The Who have been apart of my
life for some time. However, I'm afraid that time is not a luxury the Who has.
Unfortunately, Pete and Roger's prime rock years are behind them, but I'd like
to dream that their best years are yet to come.  I think they owe it to us and
future rock fans, the most complete set of musical work their God given
talents can create.

Dave Kipp

-- BEGIN included message

> Date: Sat, 3 Jan 1998 16:50:12 EST
> From: Vigilnte20 <Vigilnte20@aol.com>
> Subject: new poll!!!!!
>
> how many people here think it would be a good idea for the 'Oo to do a new
> album- how many not
>
> if so, in what ways could we get them to do one??
>
> my choice- yes, they should- we should write to them!!!
>
> jud---  please respond

Personally,
I would love it if they did a new album - I'd buy it in a New York minute!

however...

Pete Townshend and The Who have shared with me (and us) the *privilege* of
listening to their music.  They owe us, the fans, nothing.  The musical
choices are
theirs to make, not ours, and any pressure that we put upon them to record is
unnecessary, unfair and undesirable.

I for one, want Pete's best efforts, not something released to "pander" to the
fans.  I hav enjoyed, admittedly in varying degrees, everything he has done.
As a
musician, I will leave the musical direction he take to him, and be
*extremely*
grateful he has permitted me to share the trip.

Felicia
--
Can't say growing older never hurts." - Peter Townshend

-- END included message