Re: I Need You

D13, re:

<< but does anyone else feel that "I Need You" is Pete trying to "get closer"
 to the Beatles, i.e., to put to rest any 'rivalry' he may have helped foster
 in the press? >>

Keith wrote the song, not Pete...

<< Brian Cady and others have noted how "I Need You" was recorded
 just after the release of "Revolver", with its use of sitar. About the
 possible "Yellow Submarine" reference: when was the song/album released? (My
 Beatles chronology is a bit lacking in specifics...).  >>

1966... it was also on "Revolver".... the album of the same name was released
in 1968...

-Mike