Re: Lost tracks & Who's The Drummer?

> I can easily provide a compilation tape of it, if someone with a cd-r burner
> wants to immortalize it onto plastic for me.

Buck:

I might just take you up on that in a week or so. Depends on if the
burner & software I'm looking at will do what I want it to do.
I have these too, but the sound quality is hardly worth "immortalizing."
Hopefully, yours sound better. And in any case, I'll be making myself a
disc of still unreleased Who tracks, no matter the sound quality.

> Seems to me that Joker James would have fit in well on "Sell Out".

Sure, but it was too late for that by the time it was written. I suppose
we should keep in mind that a lot of T tracks were written independently
and adapted for the opera (I'm A Sensation originally recorded as She's
A Sensation, for instance).

> Such a light-weight number as Four Faces shouldn't warrant much debate,

Why not? The band isn't doing much at the moment...

> I still think it sounds like Moon, albeit on a
> really off day.  IMO, some of those drum rolls sound too trademark-Keith to
> be anyone else.  Too loose to be Jones, anyway.

To me it sounds like "Jones-doing-Keith" as on the post-`78 live
material. It sounds just a bit slower than it "should," as can be
noticed on Jones' work with the earlier material. Please note the drum
bit just before Rog sings the first verse.

> If asked about it, I wonder if Entwistle would even be able to tell us.

ASK! ASK! What the Hell. I wouldn't mind being proven wrong.

--

            Cheers                ML

                                   Meher Baba