Re: Who's Better Who's Best

Ben wrote:

>I wanted to see some who footage i haden't seen yet so i bought wbwb in hopes
>of seeing some good footage.  I must say, with the exception of maybey my
>generation, magic bus, and I'm free, I was greatly dissapointed with the
>material.  Most of which was just video footage thrown together with studio
>recordings...

    What? Why does everyone shoot this cassette down? How 'bout "I Can't
Explain" and "The Kids Are Alright"? Do you know how great it is to have
these vintage promos? My only major complaints about WBWB are the slightly
fast speed and the premature ending of "Magic Bus".

>Does anyone know where i could find footage of the tommy era on tape.
>preferably from the 1969 shows?

    If you don't have the "30 Years Of Maximum R&B" yet, get it. You won't
be disappointed. Also, a little more difficult to get is the "Isle Of Wight"
concert from Aug '70. (It's available from Japan on laserdisc). Then, of
course, there's the 25th anniversary Woodstock movie with "My Generation"
and the widescreen version of the original. Maybe you know, but, should I
bother mentioning "Rolling Stones Rock'n Roll Circus" from Dec '68?

>>I also came to wonder the other day what the story was behind the Boiler
suit.
>>when did pete start wearing it?  When did he stop wearing it?

   One of the reasons Pete started with the boiler suit was it's baggy
nature easily hid the kneepads he had started to wear. He wore it from
1969-'70.

Stoo