Re: Lost Quad Tracks

> "Joker James" was written by 1968 (it may even pre-date that).  The
> lyrics to it first appeared in EYE magazine in 1968.

Brian:

I should have been more clear; I do remember someone posting the lyrics
to JJ (with variations on what was finally recorded) on this list (I
think) a few years ago (you?). The music, however, sounds very much like
1980 Who. It may be that PT adapted it from the original. Wish we could
hear the '68 version, if one exists (even as a demo).

> I beleive that all three of the new tracks were recorded with Kenn(e)y
> Jones in early 1979, but there are those who violently disagree with me,
> and think at least "Four Faces" has Keith on the drums.

I agree with you. No way is Moon on FF! I think perhaps in regard to the
Jones drumming on subsequent Who albums, FF may appear to have a
different drummer (because he's much better here)...but even if it's not
Jones, it's definitely not Moon.

> The Quadrophenia
> movie interview LP says they are outtakes from the original recording
> but I very very much doubt that.

As you say, JJ was written long before PT even had the idea for QUAD.
It's more likely a track for TOMMY, like Cousin Kevin Model Child. FF
sounds more like an afterthought. Neither sound remotely like a QUAD
song. Nor would they have fit into the story.

--

            Cheers                ML

                                   Meher Baba