Re: "Tom" Weller

<<Date: Mon, 23 Feb 1998 14:41:28 +0100
From: Vincent <imageinf@FranceNet.fr>
Subject: Tom Weller

I saw Tom Weller yesterday evening on Mtv Europe, and it's "almost" like
The Who of the "Who's Next" era. check it out. i think the LP (or cd) is
called "Heavy Soul". can't wait to buy it. the guy even use a gibson SG,
and he looks like Pete. It's his soul son.

          " I never used Marshall amps, I didn't like them. "
						Pete Townshend

(tom weller did use marshalls)

 Vincent:

	The artist you are referring to is actually PAUL WELLER who has been known as
Pete's "soul son" for almost twenty years now!  He was the leader of The Jam
and later The Style Council.  His new album is Heavy Soul but I think you
would enjoy listening to just about everything he has done solo as well as
with The Jam and The Style Council.
Try "In the City", "All Mod Cons", and "Setting Sons" by The Jam.  Alot of it
sounds like early Who.