Re: O&S shoulda been

> This is the compilation of non-released (mostly) live stuff that should
> have been put together by the record company:

Dag:

I don't know that the label has all of this material to release. For
instance, these are from the Marquee Club show, right?

> 1. Dance to keep from crying. 3. Pretty Things.  4.
> Smokestack Lightning.  5. Long Tall Shorty.  6. Money

This is from before they were signed, and probably the product of a fan
tape. If MCA can get them, the sound quality will most likely be that of
the Beatles Star Club releases. Green Onions? Is that on there, too,
amongst the jamming? I'll have to listen to that one again...

> 7. Just You
> And Me (1965)  8. Good Lovin (1965) 9 Dancin In The street (1966)

These are BBC, and apparently MCA can't get them (according to the box
set). However, there are strong rumours that a BBC set WILL be released.

> 10. My Way (live/studioversion 1966-68)  11. Cousin Kevin Model child (1968
> ?)  12. Time is passing (Daltrey singing)

My info is that these three will be on the new O&S (studio version of
MW).

> 13. Uptight (1966)  14. Shout  15. Love Hurts (1967

These are from (if I'm not mistaken) Ready Steady Go, and they would own
the rights. There are others, too...like Runaround Sue and a short piece
called You Rang. I'd like to see a RSG set!

The rest are from live shows, right? Mostly one-offs? Perfect material
for an extended live boxed set, but it doesn't look like we're going to
get one.

--

            Cheers                ML

                                   Meher Baba