Re: The Who Mailing List Digest V5 #49

Hello all,
Todays edition of the San Francisco Cronicle had an article on the children of
famous rock stars who are on the scene now and what the struggle is to emerge
from their parents shadows like. Well, the biggest picture of them all was
Emma Townshend. She spoke a bit as well as Van Morrisons' daughter, Shana and
Chris Stills whose father is Stephen.  Emma had this to say: "Guitar Bands
have always struck me as quite male, " I listen to a lot of dance music, quite
a lot of classical and jazz, old bluesmen playing the piano." It went on to
say like most of her peers, Townshend, 28, enjoys pointing out that her
childhood was alot less eventful than one might suspect. " I had this really
ordinary suburban childhood. My dad would come back from being on the road,
and take us to the science museum. "people ask me, "Did your dad have mad
parties?" And I can't even think of one."  She says Roger Daltrey, the lead
singer of her father's group, the Who, "has never been 'round to our house, as
far as I can remember. And my mom would never have taken us anywhere (the late
drummer) Keith Moon was."    It went on to say that: Unlike her peers, Emma
Townshend doesn't seem to tire of talking about her family name. "Of course
it's an advantage," she says cheerfully. "It's a huge marketing advantage."
  The picture of her was very nice, she seemed to have her dads eyes & hands.
I can't wait to hear how she sounds.
Well, I guess the kids are alright,
Janice