First listened to the who

Easy for me to remember - August 1968 - on radio station CFRA in Ottawa on my little tube table top radio - the first song I ever taped to cassette - I can see for miles. Still one of my all time favourite songs. Also quickly added was Magic Bus, (add Steppenwolf, Led Zep., and Grand Funk Railroad - Survival - esp) and you get my early influences. To this day, The Who, and the same early influences are still there. When I heard the Keith had died I was drinking a beer at lunch in 'Olivers' - the Pub at Carleton University. When they toured last (1984), I was in a small one bedroom apartment in Brighton Ontario. Saw TKAA at the Town Theatre, same with Quadrophenia - wish I knew where that movie poster got to. Live at Leeds came into my life in the mid 70's - probably late 74, maybe early 75 - still one of my fav's. Other great live albums? Well, GFR Caught in the Act (Inside Looking' Out), Golden Earring Live (Radar Love 8 miles high, Just Like Vince Taylor), Steppenwolf Live - (The Pusher and Don't Step on the Grass Sam (this one is, and always was, dedicated to Uncle Sam,?)), Jethro Tull Bursting Out, Yes - Yessongs

Yep, right away I was told to 'turn it down'. I still haven't. Over the years, I've met people who saw The Who in pubs, and recently, I met an older fella who can play guitar and claims to have played on the same club bill as the Who - I shall dig up the band name and post for possible confirmation - he describes the time as one of frustration, watching them bust up their gear when he and his band could barely afford strings - and they wished that they could get the cast off gear,?

Why did I start listening? I liked the sound - powerful. Still do.

Unrecognized Data: application/ms-tnef