Re: Why The Who?/ Girl thoughts

At 17:53 -0800 2/20/98, The Who Mailing List Digest wrote:

> What about the guys, why did you start listening to The Who?

Late in my first year at a three-year high school (I was 14) a friend
played _Tommy_ for me straight through, start to finish; it had been
released less than a year earlier.  I was familiar with Pinball Wizard and
I'm Free, and little else, but the story really attracted me.  I bought my
own copy of "tommy the who" and played it a LOT (although I can't claim to
have worn out the grooves, I knew every note within a couple of weeks).
Why (as oposed to how) did I start listening?  The music just hit me all
the way down, the lyrics actually meant something that I could tell was
crucially important to understand, and the emotions Pete evoked through the
story were so intense that the album earned a place on my permanent list of
favorites (which would be true had The Who never recorded another note).