QUADROPHENIA ?

All righty then, people--someone has asked me a question
about the Who that I can't answer.  (I blush to admit it....)
Can any of you help?  Here 'tis.

" My local library has the Quadrophenia album, but instead
of being a double-cd set, it's two totally separate cds, both
with separate booklets (the booklets have the lyrics for both
sides) and separate track listings on the back.  You know, it
looks like two of the same cd except the songs on one are
Side I and the songs on the other are Side II?  Did the Who
originally release them like this, or is this a small-town library fluke?"

[BTW--I know that TOMMY has been released as two sep-
arate CD's in a double-disc set, but not if it's been released
in a double CD box.  Of course, now it's on a single CD.]

--Carolyn
"Why should I care?"