Join Together; Reply to Vincent

Vincent, it is hard to answer your question without knowing what kind of
a Who fan you are.  Your comments about Pete's electric guitar make me
assume that you are like me: I don't like the Who's accustic era. The
new era of trying to play live Who music with horns and "pretend"
electric guitar is sort of like inviting Marlyn Manson to appear on the
Andy Griffith Show (something just isn't right).  If you love the Who
for what their legacy really is -- Thunderous, three-piece Rock-and-Roll
the likes of which you will never see again -- I think you will be
greatly dissapointed with Join Together.

	I hate it because it represents everything that is dead about the The
Who today. (Although on this recent Quad tour, I dare say the Monster
may have taken breath momentarily).  The stupid horns, the background
choir, the sound of Pete's ridculous solid state amps and sacreligious
fender stratocaster -- and, yes, the pop singles from Pete's solos --
all make the album undesirable for me.  Don't get me wrong, if you don't
mind the 82-tour sound and the newer stuff, you may like it.  But for
me, a live Who album is like a Bible; it has a certain untouchable
quality that all albums which purport to be "live Who" must have.

	There is no sustain in the guitars; the Horns clash with the music; the
solos sound very solid state and too loud; there are too many people on
the stage putting too much clutter in the music -- I could go on and
on.  It's not really "live Who" in my book; it is evidence of what the
band can no longer (or will no longer) do.  I cry when I hear it.

	Double your money and go look for a good boot.