Gender Gaps

Sean;

You really opened a can of worms huh! :-)

I'm a self-made WHOphile since 1975.  I can say that I was originally
drawn to Pete's lyrics.  The man deeply touched my soul & after seeing
live footage I can say that the anger & violence was a big draw.  Same
as Pam said (I think), testosterone has always been a big draw for me.
As far as the gender thing goes my experience was this.  I never got to
a show when I was younger because my father would only let me go to
concerts with my brother and he didn't like The Who so I never got to
see them with Keith.  All through school there was only one other person
that I found that shared my obsession and that was a girl....

All the guys were into Led Zep, Doors, Grateful Dead but no Who fans.  I
never made the percentage connection til much later on.  Freshman year
in college while I was blasting the boys in my dorm room a senior came
knocking and the look that came over his face was priceless.  The first
thing he said is "YOUR A GIRL!!!".  I laughed about it and was amazed to
find out about "The Who's a Guys band" because for 8 years of I had
never found a guy as into them as I was.

I would also like to state that this past summer it was my husband that
was dragged from Hartford, CT to West Palm Beach, FL to see the boys.  I
also made him hang out at a few hotels hoping to catch an autograph and
we did hit pay dirt in Virginia Beach.  My husband is also being dragged
to London for the Convention this year.

So in conclusion Sean.  I just might be that hippie-girl your looking
for but I already have my hippie-man.

Kathleen

PS.  Hi Diane.  Glad to see you're still lurking like I am.