reply to the gender issue

Thank you so much for the intelligent reply to the gender issue I
raised.  I was stunned to learn that an all-female Who Fan club, called
"Glow Girls," exists -- I didn't know that.  I also appreciated the
several responses wherein female fans indicated an identification with
the Who'a mahem as well as Pete's lyrics.  Also, there were those that
identified with Roger's physical attributes, and I, for one, will not
criticize any female for liking the Who for any reason. Thanks also for
the private e-mails -- I thought they were really inciteful.

However, I did not like the response from K.D. Giles I (Yellow
Ledbetter?).  Instead of trying to answer the question, s/he (I being
careful you see) decided to attack the way the question was posed.
There is nothing wrong with the way I posed the question. The
observation about Indianpolis was based on rationally perceived
circumstances. Like it or not, I saw father's bringing their daughters,
and girlfriends tagging along. I tailgated there for hours, interacted
with people, and -- yes, god forbid -- actually scoped the scene for
someone to hook up with.  It was this rather conscious, focused method
of observation which led me to my hypothesis.  I didn't take a poll.
Secondly, the term "birds" comes from Pete himself and refers to a
phrase common in England during the early 60's. I remeber on one of my
boots, Pete says the reason he wrote I'm One was because he couldn't
"score with the birds" as an adolescent. I hate it when males and
females cannot be themselves when taking about gender issues, and always
have to be so politically correct.  I did not assume that women had to
be dominated by Men.

That being said, K.D., can you please try now to answer the question?
Can you identify with Pete's lyrics -- do you like them?  Do you dig the
mahem?  What has touched you most about Pete's work?