Re: guitars

>If you went along to see The Who in 65/66/67 you might find anything being
>played. Rick, Tele, Strat, Gibson - whatever he could scrounge. I have
>absolutely NO memory of his sound ever being weak in those days.

Having already stated my own preference for Pete's guitar sound during his
SG period over what came later, I find it refreshing to hear from someone
who was actually there to witness Pete's playing during the earlier '65-'67
period.  John's perspective on the subject of Pete's guitars reminds me of
something a friend of mine once told me: "Townshend could play a log and
make it sound good!"

Buck