Re: Tommy book

Wanchef,

>  hey  ...VROOM -  a Rock & Roll catalog -  has a book on the
history of
>Tommy, 176 pages hardbound, with a special CD single of "I Believe
My Own
>Eyes" sung by Pete on sale for $19.95.  (reg. $40.00)
>1-888- 762-5111
>Does anyone out there have this?  Im getting my copy!

The book you are referring to is not a history of "Tommy".  It is the
book for the Broadway production of "Tommy".  It has some about the
Who and the various incarnations of "Tommy", but the bulk of the book
consists of the libretto for the play, photographs from the same, and
lots of other information relating to "Tommy" on Broadway.  It is a
lovely book and I think it's a worthwhile purchase, but don't be
misled as to the content.

Oh, I got my copy for $10 in the bargain section at Barnes and Nobles.
..you might want to check similar mega book stores and used book
stores in your area before spending $20!

-Yellow "Bargain" Ledbetter