Re: "May I be matched with you again" and Indigo Gals

Jeffrey wrote,

>  And, yes, we all agree that labels suck, "genres" are illusuory and evil
>instruments of 'Music Industry' suits and ultimately stifle creativity.
>That's exactly why i brought it up. Most cattle in this country see The Who
>as a "classic rock" band
The answer of my (other) fave band "Van der Graaf Generator" all those times
music reps/journalists asked:
"What kind of music do you make?", was:
"Van der Graaf-music" !

And even though The Who can be somewhat -virtually meaningless- tied down to
"rock", I'd say they make "Who"-music. .

cheers, Rene