Who Concerts

Lisa, I wish I could've had 4th row too.  Damn, that must've been nice.  I also agree with "Drowned" acoustic; "Cut My Hair" was spine-tingling too.

I haven't shared my Who-concert memories yet; just called the question.  So here goes...

1982 "Farewell" tour. Chicago's Rosemont Horizon (which could very well be the WORST venue to see a show on the planet; Chicago's World Music Theater may also share that dubious title).  It was my very first concert and I was 16 yrs old.  I had horrible seats, the sound was awful, and the crowd was immense.  It was the greatest concert I've ever been at.  The Who played with their usual vigor.  Despite the rotten acoustics the Horizon provided, myself and the other 30,000+ Who fans were treated like spoiled kids in a candy store.  I remember Daltrey dropped his mic in mid-swing at the end of Behind Blue Eyes and Townshend finished the vocal.  Then the two of them started playfully razzing each other and it was obvious that they were having fun.  That translated to a spell-binding concert for us.  One thing I recall as being unique, was the fact that the crowd was singing so loud for each and every song, that you couldn't hear what The Who were playing until it was half finished.  I haven't seen a crowd do th
at since.  Hell, everyone there was screaming like a Beatle-chick, myself included.  After that show ended, I could've died right there with a smile on my lips.

Happily, I've seen them four more times since, and have never been disappointed.  The Quadrophenia shows were spectacular and even rekindled my Beatle-chick screaming again as recently as a couple of years ago.  I don't care if they tour when their in their 80's.  I'll be screaming along with them as long as I can breathe.  Peace all...

Jim in Chicago

"...but I know for sure that if we met up eye to eye.  A little wine would bring us closer; you and I."  PT