Re: Matching & Pearl Jamming & Face Dancing & stoned Stones

"Mark R. Leaman" wrote:
> AQO would be the other. The Who just don't do Pop well, I
> guess.

And yet I'd classify "The Who Sell Out" as
being mostly pop music and that's one of
their best.  I think you're right about "Face
Dances," though.  The sound is very thin
because of Kenney's style and Pete's lack of
guitar playing.  Even (gasp) some horns or
more keyboards could have helped the thin
sound.  As for the songs, I'm afraid they
would have sounded better as Pete solo songs
(again gasp).

> Yes...it IS funny, as Derick indicated. One wonders if Pete thought Mick
> and Keith didn't have the bail.

I don't know if everybody's heard this or
not, but Pete told about Mick's reaction to
The Who's record after its and their
release.  He said "Pete, you're a real
gentleman" in that snide, sarcastic way that
only Mick can.

			-Brian in Atlanta