Re: Conan, Indigo Girls, Pearl Jam

keets:

>There was some discussion on another
>list about Conan's poor interviewing skills, and how he tends to
just
>rehash the old myths.

I recall hearing this around the time of Pete's Conan appearance, and
I think it is unfairly harsh.  Conan's show is meant to appeal to a
general audience, not just Who fans.  If it was a show targeted just
at Who fans, things would be different.  But any sort of in-depth
questioning about the Who, the lives of the band members, or the
music would have been lost on most of Conan's audience.

Flying-E:

>Yay! Another Who fan who digs the Indigo Girls! I thought I was the
only
>one. Thank you Jeffree!

Has anyone else noticed that the beginning of the Indigo Girls'
"Tried to be True" sounds remarkably like the beginning of "Don't Let
Go the Coat"?  I have heard that at least one of the 'Girls is a Who
fan, so it's probably an intentional tribute.

Carolyn:

>Heard a DJ on the radio say today that Eddie Vedder is pissed
>at the group Third Eye Blind.  Vedder lectured an audience at
>a concert recently claiming that TEB had "stolen" PJ's cover
>of "Baba O'Riley" by performing it at one of their shows.

Your DJ seems to have misinterpreted the facts - not surprising,
considering that this is an event that took place some time ago.  She
or he is probably receiving information about this show second or
thirdhand.  Vedder's problem with Third Eye Blind was not that they
had covered "Baba O'Riley", but that they had done a BAD cover of
"Baba O'Riley".  As a Who fan, I think he had every right to express
this opinion.  Fans on this list have said the same about other Who
covers, after all.  Vedder also said that PJ could do a better cover
of "Baba O'Riley" than Third Eye Blind.  Again, he was just
expressing his (admittedly biased) opinion.  He never claimed to have
any special right to "Baba O'Riley".

>Excuse me, Eddie!!  Since WHEN do YOU own the rights to
>"Baba O'Riley"?!  Anyone on this list could tell you that Pete
>Townshend wrote it!

I'm sure Vedder knows that since he is, as I said, a Who fan himself.
 He may even be a bigger fan than I, but that's okay because I am
taller.

-Yellow "Amazon" Ledbetter