Matching & Pearl Jamming & Face Dancing & stoned Stones

> I think "may I be matched with you again" is punctuated by a "." not a "?";
> it's a prayer, not a question, like "may God bless us every one" shouldn't
> have a question mark.  Anyone else care to weigh in?

Alan:

In context with the rest of the song, my thinking is a question mark.
It's more like a plea: "I know the match is bad, but God help me..." I
don't think "God help me" would be here IN THIS WAY if it was prayer.
Besides, while the Big G may be with us every day...I don't know about
going out to eat and the other elements of the song...

> Jam's stuff anymore, anyway.  They've sucked ever since
> VITALOGY, in my opinion.

Carolyn:

YIELD is pretty good, although not up to TEN standards. And they are one
of the best live bands which exist right now, no mattter their recorded
material.

>  So, what's wrong with FACE DANCES ?

Derick:

The writing is among the weakest of Pete's career, he was trying to take
the band to a more "Pop" sound, Kenny Jones is merely a good drummer,
Pete seems to have misplaced his guitar on most of the songs...
It's not bad compared to other bands, but for The Who it's one of the
worst IMHO. AQO would be the other. The Who just don't do Pop well, I
guess.

> The Stones were out of jail before The Who got the record out, weren't
> they?

Keets:

Yes...it IS funny, as Derick indicated. One wonders if Pete thought Mick
and Keith didn't have the bail.

--

   "I have no dignity in that perspective."
                                     Mike Tyson

                      Cheers                ML