Unavailable Who?

> is mca still having trouble with shel talmy about the masters of "the who
> sings my generation"?

Andrew:

MCA was willing to pay Talmy what he asked, but Polydor was not and they
killed the deal. As far as I know, there are no negotiations at this
point. And the clock is ticking...every day the material will sell less
copies. IMHO all sides are being stupid.

> i want a copy on CD so baaaaad!! i dont wanna buy the
> really disgusting early eighties reissue with no liner notes or any album

That's out of print, and a fairly good true mono version is currently
available. It doesn't have any liner notes, but does at least include
the original US back cover notes.

> i also want to know when that KBFH  the who live in
> 1973 is gonna finally be released. i learned about this future CD from the
> inventory computer in Tower Records.

I inquired about this just three days ago, and was told the status at
the moment was: no one has worked on the remix. There IS one song
available on a KBFH collection (WGFA), but this was remixed by someone
else not Astley. So it's "on hold," and so is the BBC release (again no
one has worked on a remastering) which was due out before Xmas.

It's a damned shame. I was hoping.

> my hopes for future MCA who releases -Magic Bus-the who on tour

No chance, because all of the songs except Dr. Jekyll have been released
on the reissues. You can find a used copy, if you search. Why Jekyll was
ignored I have no idea...there are two versions, one on MB and the other
on RARITIES VOL. I & II (a single disc). Also on that one and still
otherwise unavailable: Baby, Don't You Do It (live B side version). I
believe this one is still in print as an import.

>                -the kids are alright -sndtrk

There was some talk of a release during the reissue series, but nothing
came of it. Like MB, it was released and is available used. I've had it
in my store three times in the last two years. But it does NOT include
the live Join Together/Roadrunner/My Generation Blues jam.

--

   "I dream of Jesus with the light brown hair..."
                       Howard Stern as Kathy Lee Gifford

                      Cheers                ML