My WHO intro...

Coming out of lurking mode....

Growing up pre-teen, I listened ALOT to AM radio (since FM was not a popular
or available in my area just yet) and heard "I Can See For Miles" and
"Pinball Wizard" but like most, got lyrics messed up.  Just a few years
later, the local Woolworth department store used to sell 10 45 RPM records
for a buck.
That led me to get a copy of "Call Me Lightning" b/w "Dr. Jeckyl & Mr.
Hyde".  However, I really didn't know the group real well, til a friend of
mine and I exchanged gifts at Christmas.  He wanted the WHO's Live At Leeds
and I wanted an obscure LP of Nigel Ollson (Elton John's drummer).  After
hearing his LP, I put it on my Christmas list (since we opened the albums
before Christmas) and my sister (bless her heart) got me Who's Next.  Well,
and the rest, as they say, is history.  And, just hitting 40 just recently,
I revel in the fact that I rescued the first 4 WHO albums from a cutout bin
and got a 'mint' copy of LIVE AT LEEDS for no more than it's original asking
price (of course, the one with all the goodies included) not to mention I
already had the 'later' MCA version.  I still have them all today...
Greg A.

http://www.essex1.com/people/greg/index.htm