Pete on Letterman

INCOMING!!!!!  (Consider yourself warned, Beau!!)

Having watched the broadcast Thursday night, I almost wish the cable/VCR did
go out, when Petie Boy started bagging on Roger for the BRS tour.

If it wasn't for the fact that I would have to have cleaned up the mess, and
my recgonizing that PT was, once again, in the grips of his cronic
"idontknowwhatthehelliamtalkingaboutitis" I probably would have pulled an
Elvis on the TV.

Let's see . . . (and I am going on what Roger said at the final BRS show):

Roger agrees to go on tour with a bunch of young musicians, including a fair
number of inner city kids, who otherwise would not have had the chance to
experience traveling across the country, and being able to perform in front
of appreciative audencies, and PERHAPS, get the idea that there might be
something more to life than can be found outside the narrow confines of the
ghetto.

Part of the proceeds of the tour is to go to a program to revitalize school
music programs, something that is all too often one of the first victims of
shortsighted budgetcutting schoolboards.

(Yes, he is being compensated for his time, as well he should--consider how
much he could make if he ever decided to go out on tour as a solo artist vis
a vis whatever he earned on the BRS tour--I bet you dollars to donuts that
the latter is nowhere what he could have made on the former.)

And the reason why Pete decides to go on a mini-tour?????  (or should it be
$$$$)

Let's also add to the mix the following:

Did anyone else notice in yesterday's (8-16-98) PARADE magazine (for those
who do not know, PARADE is a magazine supplement that appears in many Sunday
newspapers) an article entltled "This Song's For YOU!"  The article is about
a guy named John Beltzer, who has produced some 800 personalized songs for
chornically and terminally ill children that focus not on their illness, but
on who they are, and the things they love.  For example, one 9 year old
girl, who has leukemia, received a song which has lyrics about how she loves
her Beanie Babies (see below for more about Beanie Babies!!!) baking cookies
with her mom, riding in her dad's boat, and playing with her brother.  The
songs are professionally written and recorded by Beltzer and some 160
songwriters and producers.  Apparently a number of well known performers
have either recorded or have agreed to record songs for this project.  One
of the persons in the latter catagory is our pal Roger!!!

If you are so inclined, they have a web site at http://www.songsoflove.org
where you can find out more about this charity as well as ordering a CD of
some of their songs.

BW Radley
bwradley@earthlink.net
NOW OPEN!!!  BW THE WEB SITE AT http://room.earthlink.net/~bwradley
FEATURING BEANIE BABY KITTY PORN!!!  (Sorry Mr. Clinton . . . the Beanie
Babies DO NOT give lap dances!!)