Follow-up On Kathy's Comments On Konocti Harbor

Let's see if I can do this without making it too long...

>I enjoyed your report alot.

Thank you:)

>I'm sorry that I didn't get to meet Hazel.

She'll be attending the convention along with me so whoever goes will have
the opportunity then.

>Just out of curosity, what was the event that you met the "die in the wool
>Who fan" at and is it somone we might know?

It was at Simon and Ben's acoustic show in San Francisco last November.  There
were several listers there but I had the good fortune of hanging out primarily
with Gad, Tim and Lauren.  And I should mention too that I was able to
introduce
myself to Simon and Ben, having very pleasant exchanges with both of them, not
to mention Paul.  (Paul is Simon and Pete's other brother right?)  I found
everyone quite approachable and very unpretentious.

>Actually this was more than the average after concert party-that happened
>every night <G> (but Roger didn't attend those) this was the end of tour
>party.  I also think that it was the party that the people paid $900 to be
>at.

Ah, I see.  I want to leave this little snip it in and comment on it below.

>I was very glad to see that everyone *did* finally make it in.  Could you
>enlighten me (privately if you like) how the rest of you did get in?  AS I
>was otherwise distracted<G> I really didn't quite notice, did some of the
>gang give up and leave and not get in?

Yes there were a few that did leave.  Fortunately the few remaining were able
to articulate our interest to the security guard who went in and had our
getting
in approved by someone.  There were six of us remaining at that point and the
guard said only four can come in.  That left Hectow and me out in the cold but
when the guard realized there were only two remaining he allowed us in.  I
was
left the impression that if some of us didn't leave that none of us would have
gotten in, there would have just been too many.

>>much of this drink being around since this is what Roger apparently drinks.
>
>Interesting, that I didn't know.  Though that night wen I saw him he was
>drinking white wine.

Well this is just something that someone said to me there.  It might have
been
that lovely woman who played the piano on LROM.  Now I'm thinking
screwdrivers
or Belvedere vodka isn't
at all Roger's drink.  What I'm inclined to think now is the party was
indeed the $900 a head
party and for that price, no wonder they had $30 bottles of vodka on the
tables.  Either way that stuff is damn tasty:)

>>Actually once he saw me come in to the party I had to get help from a
>couple of people
>>in keeping him off of me.  I mean, these Who members just can't seem to
>keep there >hands off there fans:)
>
><snicker>

Yea, and I'm not giving any of them my autograph either!

>>A few of us walked back to the public bar and had a
>>nightcap and basically just went WOW.
>
>I wish I could have joined you but I was at the mercy of the people that I
>was sharing a car with <sigh>  You can feel that you didn't miss much as
>Roger left almost immediately after.  Thing was, if you had walked slowly
>he would have caught up with you since he didn't wait for his car and
>walked back to his room.

The ones that did walk needed to if anything just to unwind a bit from
the experience.

>Now it must be said here that I didn't voluntarily go over there for a
>picture.... though I must admit that Monica (the singer) didn't have to
>tell me twice. <G>  I had had my picture taken with him earlier in the tour
>and didn't want to impose but when she asked and I told her that, "No not
>tonight, but earlier in the tour." and she insisted I do it again and
>literally took my camera from me I wasn't going to complain.

Yep, you gotta take these opportunities as they come.  Your not gonna get a
gripe out of me.

Beau (who needs two aspirin) McCrury