Concert Offers '90s-Style Woodstock

  Hello Fellow WHO Heads, (yes, it's been awhile)
     I got this little bit of info from AOL,

<< BETHEL, N.Y. (AP) - While tie-dyed young masses converged on the original
Woodstock festival in happy chaos, the 29th anniversary concert next weekend
hopes to offer some of the same people - and their kids - a more upscale good
time.
<snip>
 That means people expecting wild flashbacks of peace, love and all-night
music will be disappointed with the concert, which runs Friday through Sunday.
 <snip>
 Performances will stop at 7 p.m., and there is a camping ban. Attendance is
limited to 30,000 a day, instead of the roughly 450,000 people who overwhelmed
Max Yasgur's farm the first time around. And organizers are intent on securing
the concert 80 miles northwest of New York City to avoid a repeat of mass gate
crashing.
 <snip>
  There will be some similarities in the music, even without Jimi Hendrix and
Janis Joplin. Woodstock veterans such as Richie Havens and former Who
guitarist Pete Townshend will perform.
 <snip>
  Ticket sales have not been overwhelming. By mid-week, sales for the three
days were about 50,000, with Sunday - when newcomers Third Eye Blind and the
Goo Dolls perform - accounting for about 20,000.
 <snip>
  And the start is this year's concert featuring Don Henley, Stevie Nicks,
Joni Mitchell, Lou Reed and Donovan. And for Townshend, it will be something
special.
  ``I intend to go back and honor the place, and honor the idea and honor the
memory,'' he said. ``It represents the possibility to re-establish a
relationship with an audience that has been with me for a long, long time.''
<end>

     Well, it looks like Pete still has visions of "Lifhouse" in his head!!
Let's see if he does anything with it!!
      For now,
          Keith (WHO6489@aol.com)
"There once was a note, L I S T E N !!!!"