The Secret Policeman's Ball, featuring wonderful Pete!

David, about:

> Does anyone know where I can obtain a copy of Secret Policeman's Ball.
>
>  I keep hearing how splendid it is, however, I've never seen it.  Any
> help out there?

Are you referring to the video or the album?  I see the LP often at
record shows and in used-vinyl stores, both the American and the English
versions (the music is the same!).  If you poke around a bit, you should
be able to find a good copy for between one and five dollars.  And this
record IS splendid!  Pete's performance is absolutely incandescent, even
though he was supposedly intoxicated at the time, and I've listened to
his tracks over and over, even though I've never played the other songs.

--Cheryl