Re: the ramones

<< hey old who fans!!! just check the "punk" cds too! some rocks.
 (and i am an huge who fan, believe me). try clash, ramones, stooges, MC5
 (which all fans of who could like because it sounds like the who sometimes,
 maybe more rock than pop), or indi stuff like "Screaming trees" which
 sounds a lot like the "71-72" who songs.

 i just want to say one thing about the ramones :
 "hey ho  let's go !"

 Vincent >>

Hello again everyone,
It's good to be back.

I must agree w/you Vincent. When I first heard The Who (Leeds album) as a
teenager I was blown away by what I heard and have been a fan ever since. So
much energy in the music. "Power & Volume".

When you make the Clash, Ramones, etc. comparison, I can see where you're
coming from because I nearly felt the same rush when I first heard the Ramones
later on. The same type of energy upon first listen.

I do feel that the musicianship in The Who is better and that's why they're my
fav, but I do enjoy listening to the Ramones and Clash too.

A quick story.

I play in a band called Ginger. A guy said to me one night after we had
finished playing      "If Pete Townshend played guitar in the Ramones it would
sound like Ginger".
I thanked him. What a compliment.

As I said, it's good to be back.
Take care all.

We do give a shit that Keith Moon is dead.