Re: Who's Worst

On Fri, 17 Apr 1998 11:12:16 -0400 "Mark R. Leaman" <mleaman@sccoast.net>
wrote:

>According to the liner notes (such as they are), the band picked the
>tracks. There's NO WAY unless it was Pete on a "bad ear day."
>This is one live Who performance better left unheard IMHO. Especially
>if
>you've just listened to IOW! You're BOUND to be disappointed.

Another lie in liner notes.  Entwistle originally prepared a 3-disc set
of Who live material which was rejected because 1) it was claimed the
bass was too heavy in the mix and 2) the record company insisted it be
from the 1982 tour.  "Who's Last" was then hastily thrown together
without the band's cooperation.  I definitely think it can be dropped
from the canon.

That said I do consider the long version of "Long Live Rock" a guilty
pleasure.  Don't bother buying the one disc versions as that is not
included.

                                     -Brian in Atlanta

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]