Re: Who's Worst

> I was in a music store last night looking through the used cd's and I
> found the double cd "Who's Last"  I was there to buy LAIW and didn't have
> enough money to buy them both.  Would any of you recommend buying this cd?
> I have heard some negative things about it in the past.

Nick:

Get it only if you feel you MUST have all of the band's music. It is
absolutely the worst Who album...and while some may say "Even the worst
Who album is worth having," I would say this album is an embarrassment.
It's the only one I haven't and won't buy on CD. I'd rather hear
Townshend singing Barefootin' again (although it's a tough call).
For one thing, the mix is horrible. The vocals aren't "up front" enough,
the instruments are metallic and super-clean sounding (not good for live
Who; it lacks any passion), the performance sounds rote and uninspired,
when you can hear it Daltrey's voice is ragged and hoarse...if you
really want to hear a perfromance from the `82 tour, you're better off
to rent or buy the Who Rocks America Toronto show and copy it to
cassette. Even that show isn't terribly great, but it's better than WL.
According to the liner notes (such as they are), the band picked the
tracks. There's NO WAY unless it was Pete on a "bad ear day."
This is one live Who performance better left unheard IMHO. Especially if
you've just listened to IOW! You're BOUND to be disappointed.

--

            Cheers                ML

"We all know success/When we all find our own dreams..."
                                              Pete Townshend