other faves

Here are my other favorite acts besides the Who
This isn't in any order

Pete Townshend - a more polished sounding Who
Pearl Jam - Eddie Vedder wishes he was Townshend
U2 - Great live band
The Smithereens - they cover the Seeker
The Beatles - no explanation needed
Tom Petty - True Americana, just when you think he's going to fade away, he
comes back strong
The Beastie Boys - anarchy in the U.S.A.
Supergrass - Great 90's generation Brit band
Paul Weller - the Modfather has put out some very solid solo stuff, most
notably Stanley Road, which doesn't have a stinker on it
James Brown - I live in Augusta (where he does) so I have to like him. No,
seriously, he was a bad mofo before 1970.

lower tier, but I have most of their albums
Led Zeppelin
The Moody Blues
Yes
Pink Floyd