Re: Johns bass

>         As far as what kind of bass JAE uses, I'm pretty sure that he
> originally had the Buzzard bass made by Warwick, this is the black and
> cherry basses that he was using in the 1989 ture.  As far as the JEB and
> Quad tours, he was using both the Warwick and Alembic made buzzard
> basses.  As of now, I'm pretty sure that he only order Alembic basses.
> The Warwick buzzard basses he has are left over from the 1989 tour.
>
>         When the JEB was in Toronto I witnessed John dropping one of his
> Warwick basses from about 6ft.  He was getting a shitty sound out of the
> bass and decided that it's useful days were over :)  I've also read that
> he is much happier with the Alembic analogue.
>
>         Cheers,
>         Rui
>
> _Rui........

John did not drop it,  he if fact threw it to the ground breaking it in three
pieces.  If you remember the show,  at several points in between songs, John was
yelling.  He was getting madder and madder at the house lighting guy for
"blacking the stage between songs" at one point yelling "I'd love to play the
next song but I can't see the f***ing playlist".  He is still using the Warwick
Buzzards and from what I know will keep using them as they have become sort of
his trademark and they are made to spec for his wall of effect units.  BTW he
offered the broken Buzzard to The Hard Rock Cafe for $4000.  They unfortunately
said no.

    Towser